£32-45k | London | Permanent
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the design team through all stages of garment creation from design to manufacture; ensuring garments are created to the required specifications and timelines.
- Managing technical aspects from sizing, quality & testing.
- Measure and review prototype samples and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size, design and construction specifications.
- Conduct fit sessions and document comments and images.
- Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements clearly for suppliers to follow.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise all fittings from 1st proto to pre-production to ensure seasonal timelines are met.
- Evaluating the suitability of potential fabrics and trims.
- Reviewing shipment samples, factory AQL and bulk testing.
- Demonstrate an innovative and creative approach to critical thinking and decision-making.
- Travel to factories if required, both in Europe and the Far East.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a garment technologist, preferably within sportswear.
- Understanding and knowledge of garment construction, technical fabrics and the relevant testing.
- Proficient in grading for the required product areas.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication & organisational skills and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate technical problems and implement actions to avoid.
- Personal accountability and integrity.
- MS office system proficiency essential and illustrator knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work alone as well as positively within a small team.
Reference: HOM- Garment tech
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted