Key Account Manager Sports Performance
£44k to £48k | Manchester | Permanent
We are looking for a Key Account Manager in Sports Performance. This position is based in Manchester.
We are looking for someone to manage account base in an efficient, effective and profitable manner, developing customer relations in all departments, both internally and externally. Ensuring budgets and distribution are in line with Company expectation.
To manage account base in an efficient, effective and profitable manner, developing customer relations in all departments, both internally and externally. Ensuring budgets and distribution are in line with Company expectation.
• To achieve set sales targets on an annual basis
• 50% – 60% of time interfacing with buyers, via set product presentations, marketing meetings, order book management, and developing strong long-term customer relationships.
• Up to date in depth knowledge on all accounts responsible for
• To possess always an up to date knowledge of the market/industry, i.e. key figures for accounts responsible for, and know/understand our competitors
• To achieve distribution in line with DC segmentation
• Management of the customer order book, to ensure product is delivered with in the ordered month.
• Hit all reporting deadlines on time
• Liaise with all departments within the brand, ensuring effective internal communication
– Customer service team, ensuring high service levels
– Credit/Finance team, to ensure speedy resolution of any payment issues within the guidelines set.
• To continually analyse sales and margin performance versus target, & to take appropriate action to remedy any gaps
• To work close with marketing department to ensure effective co op marketing activity.
• To continually analyse customer sell through, and effectively use to brands advantage.
• To help promote and positively develop the brands image at all times.
• To understand and operate within the brands policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of account management
- Technical product knowledge
- UK Sports market
- Direct competition product knowledge
- Thorough knowledge on the accounts responsible for
- How to put together and, complete an account Sales Plan, Road Map.
- How to present product effectively, with all features and benefits.
- PC skills that include a good standard on, Power Point, and Excel.
- Good knowledge of retail math
- Strong presentation skills
- Good verbal communication
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Pro active approach with high energy, drive and determination
- An out going, inspiring and convincing personality
- Proven results as a team player
- Forecasting ability
- Evaluate, post call the best course of action to take
- Hard working, Motivated and Enthusiastic
- Drive for results
- A passion for sports brands
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to work unsupervised with ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong analytical skills
Reference: Key Account Manager Sports Performance
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted